Wondering if there’s anything that you can do to reduce the appearance of your age spots? Want to leave your skin looking fresh, rejuvenated and younger than it has in a while? Then we recommend that you read our latest blog on the best treatments for age spots, and why you should choose Doctor Nyla as your clinic.
What Are Age Spots?
Age spots are marks that typically appear on the skin after prolonged sun exposure. They are flat, darker than surrounding skin and can be tan, brown, black or resemble large freckles. Though they are harmless, many clients wish to remove them for personal reasons – for example, due to the ageing effects on their overall appearance.
Other names for age spots include solar lentigines, sun spots or liver spots, although they have no connection to the liver.
What Causes Age Spots?
Age spots occur when the body produces excess melanin – the pigment that gives skin its colour. When the skin is exposed to sunlight, the body creates extra melanin to protect the skin from the sun’s UV rays. The more melanin that is produced, the darker the skin becomes, and the more likely that age spots will occur.
Age spots can appear on areas of the skin that are regularly exposed to sunlight, including the face, shoulders, back, arms and the tops of your feet.
Who Is Most Susceptible To Age Spots?
Though they commonly form on people over 40, they can also occur in younger people who easily get sunburns or regularly use tanning beds.
Age spots can form on anyone’s skin, though those with lighter skin (which tends to be more sun-sensitive) have a greater chance of developing them.
Our Top Treatments For Age Spots
We offer a range of fantastic treatments here at Doctor Nyla, and for age spots we recommend:
The Lumenis® IPL Photorejuvenation treatment (part of M22) can fix age spots, birthmarks, freckles and stubborn pigmentation, while also improving your skin’s overall appearance. The device emits high-intensity pulses of light beneath the skin’s surface allowing the melanin to absorb it. This heats the skin, damaging it and ensures that the age spots flake off, leaving behind skin that is vastly improved in terms of tone and overall appearance.
M22 – Age Spots – Before & After:
Why Choose M22?
- It stimulates collagen and elastic fibres in the skin, which aids the healing and rejuvenation processes.
- The treatment only takes approximately 20 minutes, so is over and done with in no time at all.
- It involves minimal discomfort and no recovery time.
M22 – Age Spots – Before & After:
M22 can also be used for pigmentation, as this happy client attests to:
‘’I first contacted The Medispa as I was suffering from severe pigmentation on my cheeks after having a baby, and I had been told by friends that Dr Nyla’s Medispa was the place to go. I have to say, I was absolutely thrilled with my whole experience. Firstly, I was shocked to have my consultation with Doctor Nyla as I assumed that with her busy schedule, it would have been with a therapist, but I was so happy to learn that doctor Nyla would be carrying out my consultation herself. We discussed the best treatment for me was the M22 laser and initially, I was extremely nervous about the treatment as it was my first procedure but I was immediately reassured by Doctor Nyla and the wonderful therapists at the clinic. I had a test patch and returned 6 weeks after to have treatment.
I’ve been having the treatment for three months now. I have just had my final appointment and I am ecstatic about my results. My pigmentation is around 70% clear and I would definitely recommend this for anyone with melasma.’’ – Safiyyah
The ENVY Facial works by exfoliating dry and damaged skin cells, a deep-cleansing of the pores and the infusion of condition-specific serums, minerals and vitamins to leave the skin refreshed and free of age spots.
ENVY Facial – Age Spots – Before & After:
Why Choose The ENVY Facial?
- It’s perfect for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
- It’s non-invasive and requires no recovery or downtime.
- Your skin will be left looking healthy and stunning.
‘’I have been to a lot of aesthetic clinics in the past, but there is something different about this Medispa. Dr Nyla is extremely phenomenal in her works, and her team is absolutely wonderful. I will be having envy facials weekly, all the therapists are amazing! I feel like I am part of the Medispa family, every time I come I never want to leave! Dr Nyla is the best in this industry, without a doubt! I have never met anyone as experienced and passionate as this woman.’’ – Amaan Shaw
Universkin is a personalised treatment that can treat various skin issues, including blemishes, discolouration, pigmentation, oily skin, rednes, inflammation, and of course, age spots. At your consultation, we will evaluate your skin and create a bespoke skincare serum for you, based on a range of 19 actives that are all in their purest form. After 6-8 weeks they’ll be a re-evaluation of your skin and a potential reformulation according to your needs, which may change as your skin does.
For example, the minimalist base serum contains 11 ingredients, such as biomimetic peptides that allow the dermis and epidermis to communicate more effectively, helping to regenerate the skin.
Why Choose Universkin?
- It’s an individualised treatment that targets a client’s unique combination of skin concerns.
- The serums are quick and easy to formulate, so you won’t be waiting long after we’ve completed our skin analysis for your formula.
- It is suitable for all skin types.
‘’Dr Nyla makes you feel really welcome and at ease when having treatment. Really love lady and I always get the exact results I ask for! Would 100% recommend!’’ – Rachel Smedley
Some of our clients also request our Intraceuticals Facials as part of their treatment plan, due to its hydrating and volumizing properties that give the skin that extra boost.
How To Prevent Age Spots
Though you can’t always prevent age spots, there are things that you can do to reduce the likelihood of developing them, such as:
- Avoiding the sun between 10am and 3pm, when the sun’s rays are the most forceful.
- Wearing sun cream with an SPF of at least 30 every day, and ensuring it protects against both UVA and UVB.
- Wearing protective clothing such as hats, long-sleeved shirts and jeans when out and about in the warm weather.
- Refraining from using tanning beds.
Why You Should Choose Dr Nyla
These are just a number of the reasons as to why you should choose Doctor Nyla:
- Her clinic has recently won Top ‘Cosmetic Clinic Award in the UK 2019’ based upon her service offering, dedication to client care and her glowing testimonials.
- Her cosmetic clinic is not only the largest skin tightening clinic in the UK, but is the only Diamond Premier clinic outside of London too.
- She has delivered over 65,000 treatments with complete client satisfaction, with her clients including everyone from celebrities, footballers and TV personalities.
- Regardless of the treatment, she will create a bespoke treatment plan ensuring client safety, and that they receive the results that they desire.
Your age spots don’t have to define you. We invite you to get in touch with us today on 0162 532 4060 to book your consultation and treatment.