If you’ve ever thought about liposuction, liposculpture or a tummy tuck to remove unwanted fat from your body, but been put off by their invasive nature, then believe us, you’re not alone. If you’ve also wondered if there’s a non-surgical alternative that’s just as effective for removing said fat, then you’ve come to the right blog post.
What Is LIPOcel And How Does It Work?
LIPOcel is a highly advanced treatment for targeted fat reduction, which uses high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) to minimise fat cells in a painless, non-invasive and quick way:
- The localised area of fat is marked and a treatment grid is placed onto the treatment area.
- Water is sprayed topically onto the skin and the focused LIPOcel hand piece is systematically moved over the treatment area.
- The high temperature (between 65-100℃) raises the temperature of the subcutaneous fat cells to 70℃+, effectively burning the cells.
- LIPOcel’s chill cartridge (5℃) then cools the skin’s surface to increase the ultrasound’s energy transfer and ensure soreness is minimal.
- Internally, this energy breaks down the fat cells, which over time are processed and removed by and from the body.
What Areas Can LIPOcel Treat?
Besides the stomach, LIPOcel can also be used to treat the thighs, arms, hips, waist and love handles.
How Many LIPOcel Treatments Are Needed?
Though this is dependent on the amount of fat you’d like to remove, patients usually require 1-3 treatments spaced 6-12 weeks apart.
What Are The Benefits Of LIPOcel?
- The procedure only takes 30 minutes.
- There is no downtime therefore you can resume your daily activities straight away.
- Unlike surgeries, LIPOcel is safe, non-invasive and pain-free yet still effective.
- Results will continue to improve for up to 12 weeks, and with the right diet and exercise plan the effects will not only be accelerated, but will last longer.
- In their review of non-invasive body contouring devices, Alizadeh et al., (2016) concluded that:
‘’To sum up, it seems that HIFU is a safe and efficient technology for reducing subcutaneous adipose tissue without any significant effect on blood lipid or inflammatory markers and with no local adverse effects such as burns or scarring. In addition to the above-mentioned benefits of HIFU, the recovery time of the procedure is minimal, which can be considered as an important advantage.’’
Thinking that LIPOcel could be the right treatment for you? Enter your contact details below to book yourself an appointment or call us today to discuss this marvellous treatment further.