The revolutionary 8 Point Facelift treatment can give you a youthful-looking glow without invasive cosmetic surgery. This treatment is used to restore volume in eight strategic areas, giving lift and support using a small volume of dermal fillers without discomfort or downtime. Treatments are administered by Dr Nyla’s team of medical professionals at the Medispa clinics in Alderley Edge & Wilmslow in Cheshire, Liverpool, Birmingham and Harley Street London.
1 & 2. Cheek Bones/Facial Structure: A small amount of volume in the area enhances the cheekbones and often aids to lift the Nasolabial folds.
3. Tear Trough/Mid-face: Reduces the appearance of tired hollows under the eye area. If you have noticed significant hollows you may need additional product with a softer, more flexible dermal filler to help with this. Ask your practitioner if this additional treatment is right for you.
4. Nasolabial fold adjacent to nose: This area often droops or sags with age, so adding volume here can give you a more youthful appearance. Some people have nasolabial folds naturally, while in others they appear due to ageing. Dermal fillers can be a benefit to the patient by filling this area.
5. Mouth Corners: The down turning of the mouth with age gives the appearance of a ‘Down Frown’ that can cause the patients to look sad and aged. Creating some support with dermal fillers can not only lift the face but make patients look happier too!
6. Prejowl area: Loss of volume in the Jaw, Cheek and Chin areas can all contribute to jowl formation, so replacing volume in the hollow along the jawline, along with the other areas of the 8 point lift, can help to reduce or improve jowls.
7. Jawline: As we age, we lose the squareness or angle of the jaw. This treatment helps to lift and support the lower face as the lower face starts to fall forward, contributing to jowls and sagging. A subtle enhancement of the angle of the jaw can help lift the treated areas. If you have significant loss of volume in this area you may require more product and different techniques to get the best results.
8. Lower cheek/Buccal area: Hollowing of the Buccal area can contribute to the ‘accordion’ smile lines and can make patients look older and more gaunt. Treating this area with filler can help with and improve the natural curve and structure of the cheek.
It is a technique that is ideal for anyone who is starting to notice some skin laxity.
The most common things people with skin laxity notice include:
- Skin sagging or face 'dropping'
- 'Tired' looking under-eye area
- Jowls forming along the jawline
As we age, key areas of the face lose their volume. The '8 Point Lift' targets these key areas using a hydrating dermal filler, to create and achieve a beautiful, naturally lifted result with minimal discomfort.
The eight strategic lifting points are a general guideline that will be tailored to your needs. A personalised consultation is necessary to determine the best look for you.
If you are over the age of 35, especially if you have started to notice your face drooping or sagging, it is likely that you will be suitable for this treatment. If you have more severe laxity, a good result is still possible, but more filler and some different techniques may be required for the result you want to achieve. Make an appointment for a consultation with a qualified practitioner for more details.
The procedure can take up to 30-50 minutes, plus extra time for an in-depth consultation with your practitioner. Plan for around 60-90 minutes for your appointment.
Any discomfort is usually minimal and brief. The new generation of dermal fillers contain local anaesthetic, which makes the procedure more comfortable for you as a patient.
Most people are in and out of the clinic with minimal or no recovery time at all after the procedure. It is recommended not to do any strenuous exercise, go to a spa/sauna or drink alcohol for the first 24-48 hours post-treatment.
Depending on the individual, results can last on average up to 12-18 months. However, 'touch up' treatments may be required to achieve and maintain your desired look and appearance.
The ‘8 Point Lift’ uses only the recognised top brand Hyaluronic Acid fillers. That means that side effects are usually minimal and temporary and the treatment can be reversed if required. The most common side effects include temporary skin reactions such as:
• Lumps/bumps under the skin
Doctor Nyla is the medical director and founder of Medispa Cheshire. She is a highly respected and much sought after cosmetic dermatology GP and is considered to be one of the top cosmetic doctors in the UK.
Doctor Nyla’s unique vision as a pioneer in the field of cosmetic medicine is to transform the way cosmetic treatments are administered and delivered to achieve a natural, radiant youthfulness. Her dedication and commitment to the highest ethical standards, combined with a passion for perfectionism, shape her practice and drive her unparalleled success and reputation in this field.
Having delivered over 65,000 treatments with truly exceptional results, she has gained the admiration and respect of TV personalities, celebrity figures and some of Britain’s most familiar faces. Nyla’s flagship clinic, Medispa Cheshire, received Top Cosmetic Clinic Award in the UK for 2019 at the Safety in Beauty Diamond Awards.