Don’t let sagging skin pull your mood down too. If you’re looking for the ultimate in jowl treatment, then we recommend Ultraformer 3 – great for tightening the cheeks, neck and abdomen among other areas, and restoring your face and body back to its youthful appearance. To learn more about this fantastic treatment, then we recommend that you read our latest blog.
What Are Jowls & What Causes Them?
Jowls are excess or sagging skin on the neck, just below the jawline and chin. Nearly everyone develops minor jowls as they age, and their skin naturally loses its elasticity. There are many causes of, and factors that contribute to jowls, which include:
- Loss of elastin and collagen due to ageing: Collagen is a protein that makes up the connective tissue in your body. Elastin is another connective tissue protein that lets your skin return to its normal shape even after being stretched. With a reduction in their production, skin begins to sag.
- Genetics: If either of your parents had jowls, you’re more likely to develop them.
- Weight Loss: If you gain weight and then rapidly lose it, the stretched skin may sag.
- Sun Exposure: Overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) rays in sunlight can damage the collagen in your skin causing it to sag earlier in life.
Other causes include smoking, severe stress, lack of exercise and poor personal hygiene.
What Is Ultraformer & What Areas Can It Treat?
Ultraformer is the most effective skin tightening device available, using high intensity focused (HIFU) ultrasound to target sagging skin without having to go under the knife. HIFU transducers deliver concentrated waves of ultrasound into multiple layers of skin and body tissues without damaging the surrounding areas or skin’s surface. Delivering temperatures of 65-75°C, this causes micro-coagulation and subcutaneous fat micro-reduction, helping to lift and tighten the skin.
Because the Ultraformer can target various skin depths, it can treat even the thinnest and most delicate of skin, such as those around the eyes.
Ultraformer can be used to treat areas including the eyebrows, eyelids, cheeks, neck and chest, as well as the hips, thighs, lower legs, arms and abdomen.
Our Process – What Happens During An Ultraformer Treatment?
- You’ll be invited in for a complimentary consultation with Doctor Nyla to go through the areas that you would like to treat. We’ll then explain the treatment in detail, ensuring you completely understand, and are happy with, what it will involve.
- We’ll then thoroughly clean the treatment area. If your full face is being treated, then a treatment grid will be placed on top of it, otherwise, the Ultraformer device will be attached.
- Warm pulses of ultrasound energy are delivered to the skin, causing the deep muscle layer to contract. This light heat also stimulates collagen production, leaving skin tighter, firmer and considerably healthier.
- The procedure takes approximately 30 minutes – 1 hour, depending on the size of the treatment area, so is great for those with busy schedules that want a relatively quick solution for their sagging skin.
Results are noticeable straight away, with continuous improvements for up to 6 months post-treatment.
Clinical research has also proven the efficacy of focused ultrasound, such as S. G. Fabi (2015):
‘’Using different transducers, MFU-V treatment can be customized to meet the unique physical characteristics of each patient by adjusting energy and focal depth of the emitted ultrasound. By targeting the facial superficial musculoaponeurotic system, noninvasive tightening and lifting of sagging facial and neck skin and improvements in the appearance of wrinkles can be achieved. MFU-V can also improve lines and wrinkles of the décolleté.’’
Noninvasive skin tightening: focus on new ultrasound techniques; Clinical, cosmetic and investigational dermatology, 8: 47–52.
The Benefits Of Ultraformer
- It is a non-invasive, non-surgical treatment that produces excellent results for face lifting, skin tightening, skin tone improvement and jowl contouring.
- Ultraformer can be used all over the face and body, and is not limited by skin density, due to its multiple depth cartridges.
- It’s a quick treatment that provides immediate results, so your skin can look refreshed and rejuvenated as soon as possible.
- No downtime is required, so you can get back to your day following treatment, resuming all daily activities.
‘’Dr Nyla you’ve made me look 20 years younger! Absolutely amazing results, I never expected to look so different and so soon! I would recommend the skin tightening to everyone- it is breathtaking! Wish I had seen you sooner!’’ Gaynor Riddle
Why Choose Doctor Nyla?
We believe that you should choose Doctor Nyla because:
- She is a highly-reputable skin specialist, having recently won Top ‘Cosmetic Clinic Award in the UK 2019’, and has delivered over 65,000 treatments with superb results.
- Her cosmetic clinic is not only the largest skin tightening clinic in the UK, but is the only Diamond Premier clinic outside of London too.
- Client safety is of the utmost importance to Doctor Nyla, which is why she only employs the best in the business. All staff are trained in Barcelona at CS University.
- Her glowing testimonials, from celebrities, TV personalities and her loyal clientele.