Dr Nyla Medispa
BOTOX® AFTERCARE SECTION CONTAINS ADVICE FROM DR NYLA ,THE SKIN SPECIALIST, ONE OF THE TOP BOTOX® DOCTORS IN THE COUNTRY.
Dr Nyla recommends botox for the treatment of fine lines, providing the most affordable, fastest working safe and effective non-surgical, anti-aging treatments available.
Nerve endings release a chemical substance, acetylcholine, which transmits contraction information to the muscle. Botox is a type A botulinum toxin whose role is to temporarily block the release of acetylcholine. The muscle is then relaxed and the wrinkles are reduced.
Frown lines are caused by the contraction of three muscles, the procerus, located between the eyebrow, and the corrugators above each eyebrow. Botox is injected into these different muscles that cause the line. The frontalis and orbicularis muscles can also be injected.
BOTOX® Cheshire, BOTOX® Liverpool & BOTOX® London: all anti-wrinkle injections treatments at our Medispas are performed only by the most experienced doctors and nurses as patients safety is paramount.
If you are looking for the best specialist of face fillers, lip fillers, cheek fillers, or dermal fillers, with Dr. Nyla you are in the best hands!
Aging is accompanied by the appearance of two types of wrinkles; dynamic wrinkles caused by muscle over-activity, frown (or glabellar) lines belong to this category, and static wrinkles associated with loss of volume; nasogenian creases (semi-circular lines making the boundary of the cheek and mouth area) are an example of these.
Tell your Doctor if
• you are suffering from any illness and inform them if you are taking any medication. These may affect treatment with Botox.
• you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
• you have had any problems in the past with previous injections botulinum toxin or with injections in general.
• you have any inflammation in the muscles or skin where your Doctor plans to inject.
• you have had any problems swallowing.
• you have had any surgery that may affect the area to be injected or if you have any pending operations.
To avoid bruising do not take aspirin or anti-inflammatories prior to treatment.
BOTOX® comes in the form of a vial, botulinum toxin in powder form. Your Doctor will dilute this powder by adding the saline solution.
Once reconstituted, your Doctor will draw up the necessary amount using the syringe. After disinfecting your skin (and making the injections sites) your Doctor will inject the treatment at several points into the muscles.
As with any medicine, the injection of Botox may cause side effects in some patients. Do not worry when you read this list of side effects in some patients. Do not worry when you read this list of side effects, you may not have any. Side effects usually occur within the first few days of injection and are temporary. The most common side effect is a headache, drooping of the eyelid, skin redness, local muscle weakness, and facial pain.
Other side effects may be associated with the injection (bruising, redness, pain, burning, stinging, swelling). Adverse reactions possibly related to the spread of toxin distant from the side of administration have been reported very rarely with botulinum toxin (e.g muscle weakness, difficulty swallowing or pneumonia due to unwanted food or liquid in the airways).
Be certain to adhere to the following post-treatment instructions:
CLEAN – Use a gentle cleanse and tepid water to cleanse the face of the following 72 hours and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
HEAL – Serum antioxidants are recommended post-treatment as the properties are ideal to help heal the skin. These products can help smooth the skin lessen the irritation.
HYDRATE – Following your treatment, your skin may feel drier than normal. Hyaluronic Acid is an ideal ingredient to hydrate and restores the skin back to perfect balance.
MAKEUP – It is recommended that makeup should not be applied for 24 hours after the procedure. Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not clean
To ensure the proper healing environment, be certain to observe the following:
• For at least three days post-treatment do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
• Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 24 hours. No tanning beds.
• Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
• Avoid exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments are harmful, rife with bacteria and may cause adverse reactions.
• No excessive alcohol on the day of the treatment.
• Do not lie face down following the treatment
• Do not use ibuprofen following the treatment for 2 weeks.
The first effects of the anti-wrinkle treatment can be usually seen around three to five days after, however, it may take up to 14 days before you will see the full effect of the treatment. Don’t worry if you will observe slight swelling or minimal bruises immediately after treatment. This should settle within the hour.
Have further questions?
Just give us a shout: