Summer may nearly be over, but that doesn’t mean we have to give up on those fabulous bodies that have made a real impact on our self-image. If you’re looking to better contour your body, why not do so with CoolSculpting – a non-invasive and quick treatment that will restore you to the icon you are. Your body will have never looked better, and you’ll leave the treatment feeling wonderful. To find out more about CoolSculpting, read this extensive guide that we’re sure will answer many of your questions.
What Is CoolSculpting And How Does It Work?
CoolSculpting is the only FDA-approved, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses
controlled cooling and freezing to eliminate stubborn fat that has resisted all efforts through diet and exercise. Using a highly-targeted process known as cryolipolysis, fat cells underneath the skin are frozen. This causes them to undergo apoptosis (a natural death), which your body will process over time. Due to CoolSculpting’s precision, surrounding cells and tissue are unaffected. Gradually, the fat layer’s thickness will decrease, leaving you toned and feeling terrific.
It is non-invasive, using area-specific applicators to treat body parts such as the abdomen, thighs, arms, back, buttocks, chin and neck. The applicator’s sensors monitor the skin during treatment to ensure safety and effectiveness, taking skin temperature and individual requirements into account. For example, Freeze Detect technology is unique to CoolSculpting, and senses if your skin is being frozen rather than just your fat.
Over 5 million CoolSculpting treatments have been performed worldwide and 50+ clinical research papers suggest its worth. We guide thousands of women and men each year through their body contouring journeys, and we are honoured to provide such a wonderful treatment that provides our clients with the results they’re after.
What Happens At A CoolSculpting Session At Doctor Nyla’s?
Before the session, you’ll have a thorough consultation to determine a personalised treatment plan for you. This will be based on an assessment of your body, as well as your medical history. We’ll then take photographs to document your starting point before treatment, so that you can see the wonderful results afterwards.
During the session you’ll lay on the couch whilst we attach and program the CoolSculpting machine. This safely targets and eliminates fat cells, and depending on the area, takes around 1 to 2 hours. When the treatment is complete, we’ll vigorously massage the skin.
It’s an extremely relaxing experience, so feel free to bring a book, your iPod or your laptop if you’d like to do some work. Fancy catching up on your favourite show? We have a television with Apple TV which you’re more than welcome to use too.
What Areas Can CoolSculpting Be Used To Treat?
CoolSculpting can be used to treat various areas of the body. From the stomach, flanks and bra fat pads to the buttocks, thighs and arms, we will use a combination of treatment points to achieve the best results for you.
- The Stomach: Redefine your abdomen by removing stubborn areas of fat for a flatter and fitter appearance.
- Flank: Why choose an invasive tummy tuck when your flanks can look just as good after CoolSculpting?
- Bra Fat: For fat that accumulates around the armpit and bra area, we use a smaller applicator for a safe and incision-free procedure.
- Inner Thigh: If your thighs have been rubbing together and are causing discomfort, then get your thigh gap back with CoolSculpting.
- Outer Thigh: Do your outer thighs feel out of proportion with the rest of your body, dictating what clothes you feel comfortable wearing? Take back control with CoolSculpting.
- Under Arm: Don’t let bingo wings bring you down. Arm yourself with confidence with CoolSculpting.
- Upper Arm: Tone your upper arms for a bolder, stronger and lasting look.
- Back Fat: Get rid of fat folds and loose skin for a leaner build.
- Buttocks: If exercise hasn’t helped your bottom’s banana rolls, then reshape them with CoolSculpting.
- Neck: Remove your jowls or that double chin with this age-defying treatment.
How Do I Know If I’m A Good Candidate For CoolSculpting?
If you have tried diet and exercise, but still have noticeable bulges, then you are a good candidate for CoolSculpting. It can be used to better contour these areas, leaving you with a leaner physique.
Please note that CoolSculpting is not a weight loss solution.
Every individual is different and a one-to-one consultation will allow us to determine if CoolSculpting is right for you.
Does CoolSculpting hurt?
Though the treatment is generally a pleasant one, you may feel some slight cold, pulling and pressure initially from the applicator as it freezes your fat cells. This soon dissipates as the area numbs, and most people don’t experience any further discomfort. Occasionally, you may feel slight tugging or pinching as fat cells are drawn out from your body.
When Will I See The Results Of Coolsculpting?
Results will be noticeable after 3 weeks, with improvements continuing for up to 6 months as your body processes and eliminates more fat cells. This reduces the appearance of bulges considerably, leaving you with a more sculpted figure.
‘’In clinical studies, cryolipolysis was shown to reduce subcutaneous fat at the treatment site by up to 25% after one treatment. Improvements were seen in 86% of treated subjects. At 73%, the patient satisfaction rate is higher than with other technologies used for noninvasive lipolysis.’’ Kruger, N., Mai, S. V., Luebberding, S. & Sadick, N. S. (2014) Cryolipolysis for noninvasive body contouring: clinical efficacy and patient satisfaction.
Are There Any Side Effects Of Coolsculpting?
Side effects are rare, but include:
- Redness, tingling or stinging which may last a few hours.
- Bruising and swelling, though this will clear within a couple of weeks.
- Temporary numbness of the treated area, which could last up to a month.
How Many Coolsculpting Sessions Will I Need?
As a general rule, one treatment can dramatically reduce the appearance of fat, and for larger areas, we usually suggest a second treatment.
Do I Need To Avoid Any Activities Or Follow A Special Diet After Coolsculpting?
As CoolSculpting is safe and non-invasive, it requires no downtime, meaning you can resume normal activities immediately.
You don’t need to alter your diet or exercise habits, though we recommend following a balanced diet and exercise program to maintain CoolSculpting’s effects.
No additional supplements are needed either.
Who Should Avoid Coolsculpting?
Patients with cryoglobulinemia, paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria or cold agglutinin disease should not have CoolSculpting.
You should inform us if you have any skin conditions such as eczema or dermatitis or suffer from sensitivity to the cold.
Why Should I Choose CoolSculpting Over Other Fat-Based Treatments?
In comparison to treatments such as Liposuction, CoolSculpting can be a better option because:
- Liposuction is an invasive surgery done with anesthesia, whereas CoolSculpting is non-invasive, with the client getting to to relax while the treatment is taking place.
- Liposuction requires at least several days recovery, while CoolSculpting requires no downtime whatsoever.
- Liposuction can result in more serious side effects, such as kidney and heart problems.
- The effects are very similar – so we think the choice is very clear!
Why Choose Doctor Nyla?
These are just a handful of the reasons:
- She is a highly-reputable skin specialist, having recently won Top ‘Cosmetic Clinic Award in the UK 2019’, and has delivered over 65,000 treatments with outstanding results.
- Her achievements and qualifications go above and beyond the industry norm, highlighting her expertise and the respect she commands.
- Her cosmetic clinic is not only the largest outside of London, but is the only Diamond Premier clinic outside of London too.
- Client safety is of the utmost importance to Doctor Nyla, which is why she only employs the best in the business. All staff are trained in Barcelona at CS University.
- Her glowing testimonials, from celebrities, TV personalities and her loyal clientele.
‘’I have had several treatments at Medispa and I have been delighted with the results of all of them. Dr Nyla and her team are amazing. I was very nervous about having some of the procedures but I was made welcome and put right at ease at the clinic, it is a friendly and professional environment. I would highly recommend Medispa it has helped to rebuild my confidence in myself and I can’t thank Dr Nyla and her team enough.’’ Kristina Wills