With the revolutionary Dermapen micro-needling treatment, patients can obtain clean, bright and scar-free skin in just 3 treatment sessions. The Dermapen works by vibrating tiny needles into the skin, prompting the natural healing processes of the body. Stimulating the skin in this way also produces some of the components we lose through ageing, such as fibroblasts, collagen, and elastin. Dr Nyla’s clinics in Cheshire, Birmingham, Liverpool and Harley Street London give her patients an opportunity for beautiful skin with Dermapen.
The depth of needle penetration can be altered during treatment, allowing for an individualised treatment plan for each client to minimise discomfort and maximise results in all areas, no matter how sensitive. A topical anaesthetic is used during treatment to further minimise any pain or discomfort.
Please note, prices are different across doctors and nurses.
A Dermapen is a skin microneedling device which, like the Dermaroller, uses many tiny micro-punctures to create what the skin recognises as an injury, without sustaining any lasting damage. This prompts the skin to stimulate a healing response.
The Dermapen works by vibrating tiny needles into the skin. This shocks the skin forcing it to go through the natural healing process. By stimulating the skin in this way, it will produce fibroblasts, Collagen and Elastin, the components of healthy, youthful skin that we lose through ageing.
The Dermapen has the added advantage that the depth of needle penetration can be altered during treatment, thus providing a truly bespoke treatment plan for each client to minimise discomfort and maximise results around both sensitive and less delicate areas. The tip of the pen is small, allowing it to pass closer to the orbital bone and the nose, and it has the added advantage of vibrating during use which minimizes pain. Some clients even have this procedure done without any topical anaesthetic (although we wouldn't recommend it!).
It is usually recommended that you have a series of three treatments with 4-6 weeks between each treatment. In the treatment of acne scars and other types of scarring it may be necessary for you to have up to five treatments.
Typically, you'll begin to see the results in a few days. With the revolutionary Dermapen microneedling treatment, you will see results quickly, though your skin will see lasting and more significant improvement after a course of treatments, with 4-6 weeks between each for optimal effect.
Prior to the Dermapen treatment, please observe the following:
- No Retin-A products or applications 12 hours prior to your treatment.
- No auto-immune therapies or products 12 hours to your treatment.
- No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment. The Dermapen treatment cannot be administered on sunburnt skin.
- On the day of the treatment, please keep your face clean and do not apply makeup.
- If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, please consult your practitioner.
After your Dermapen treatment, please be aware of the following:
- Immediately after your treatment it will look like you have a mild sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. This is normal and will subside after 1 to 2 hours and will diminish within 24 hours. You may see slight redness after 24 hours but only in minimal areas.
- Your practitioner will discuss post-procedure skincare following the treatment to help soothe, calm, and protect the skin. Continue to treat the skin gently for 3 days. Normal skincare can be resumed again after day 3.
After the Dermapen treatment, you should adhere to the following post-treatment instructions:
CLEAN - use a gentle cleanser and warm (not hot) water to cleanse the face for the following 72 hours and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
We would recommend using Tebiskin Sooth Clean as it is a cleanser ideal for sensitive skin after Dermapen treatment. It is used on sensitive and hyperactive skin and has a soothing agent in it so is a great product to use after any treatment.
HEAL - Antioxidant serums are recommended post-treatment to help heal the skin. These products can help soothe the skin and reduce irritation.
HYDRATE - Following your Dermapen treatment, your skin may feel drier than normal. Hyaluronic Acid is an ideal ingredient to hydrate and restore skin post-treatment.
PROTECT - Immediately after the procedure, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF 25 or greater. A chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
MAKEUP - It is recommended that makeup should not be applied for 24 hours after the procedure. Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not clean.
Skin will see optimum results at around 4 weeks post-procedure.
The products we recommend using are Tebiskin HYAL and Tebiskin EGF (for 24-48 hours after treatment).
To ensure the proper healing environment, be certain to observe the following:
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 24 hours, including tanning beds.
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment.
- No excessive alcohol on the day of treatment.
- Do not lie face down following the treatment.
- Do not use ibuprofen following the treatment for 2 weeks.